BIM-and® manages user privileges similar to Unix systems.
Every BIM-and® user is member in one or many user groups.
In BIM-and® you define who can see, modify and extend data.
These rights also effect the visibility of elements in the 3D view.
User rights are:
- “s” for displaying (showing) information
- “r” for reading the content of a piece of information (read access)
- “w” for modifying information (write access)
- “x” for the right to delete information
In addition to that, BIM-and® allows to define and maintain any required group of users, i.e. for
- projects including sub-projects
- members of a company, e.g. clients, contractors, …
- certain data areas and services
- activities, e.g. the use of BCF, construction billing, …