The EDER-Tool improves the quality of exported DWG files and extends the functionality of the built-in DWG Export.
Th EDER-Tool makes it possible to support Layer Standards provided by national and international Standardization Organizations or specific company-standards.
- An example of such as Standard is the “ÖNORM A-6241-1” standard used in Austria. This standard is included as an example configuration.
- Also included as an example is the standard “AIA”, which was defined by the “American Institute for Architects”.
The EDER-Tool allows you to export drawings with world coordinates also for “Sheets"
- Only individual “views” can be exported using world coordinates in the standard DWG Export of Revit. The EDER-Tool has removed this restriction.
Create blocks with attributes from families and annotations
- Create drawings for AutoCAD-based FM systems directly from the Revit model.
The EDER-Tool allows you to use a template drawing for the DWG export
- Use predefined settings for plot style tables, layers, fonts etc.
The "Layer Modifiers" of the Standard DWG-Export no longer need to be used
- All Revit Parameters can be used to generate the layer name or parts of it
A more detailed description of all thr features can be found in Features.
The Enhanced DWG Exporter for Revit (EDER-Tool) was developed for Autodesk in 2014 by CAD Anwendungen Muigg KG and has been continuously improved since then. Autodesk has transferred the distribution of the Enhanced DWG Editor for Revit (EDER-Tool) to CAD Anwendungen Muigg KG in 2021 to professionalize the development and support of the globally used tool. BIM-and Ges.m.b.H. is a sales partner of CAD Anwendungen Muigg KG for the EDER-Tool.
The free Autodesk Versions of the EDER-Tool for Revit 2018, 2019 and 2020 are also available in Download.